Saturday, February 18, 2017

I Ran

I am a runner
To see me
You would think otherwise
I am a physical train wreck

Okay, how about this
I am a confused runner
I should be running for my health
Not running from my God

What is most important?
Pleasing you?
Pleasing me?
Or pleasing my Father?

I can pretend
That everything is okay
Or become vulnerable
And trust my Father

I can sit in a pit
And drown in despair
Or
I can love my Father

I can come to the truth
Realizing this
When God says "do not put any idols before me"
He means it

I can despair
I can pretend
I can run
Or I can let go

Let go of the fear
And know this
That I am redeemed
I am the child of the One True King

He relentlessly pursues me
His love abounds with grace and mercy
I have tasted and seen His goodness
Content in that, I shall choose to abide in Him

No comments:

Post a Comment